- Valid New York State Driver’s License – with a clean driving record is a must.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One-year experience of institutional driving.
- Drives and escorts shelter clients to and from appointments.
- Ensures welcoming and respectful atmosphere on the van.
- Assist riders as needed when entering or exiting the vehicle.
- Delivers belongings to other sites as needed.
- Operates vehicle in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Reports problems related to routing, scheduling or vehicle breakdowns and malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Assist in scheduling and routing of vehicle.
- Performs daily routine safety checks and pre-trip inspections on assigned vehicle.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicle both inside and out by routine wiping down and mopping as well as bringing van to car wash on a routine basis.
- Maintains vehicle in good working condition by ensuring routine maintenance is performed.
- Maintains knowledge of local area street and highway systems, motor vehicle laws and regulations, safe/defensive driving techniques and the needs of population served.
- Reports all traffic incidents and accidents immediately to Shelter Director or their designee.
- Reports concerns about client stability to the Director of Social Service or their designee in a timely fashion.
Salary: $40,000 Yr.
Job Category: Administration
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brooklyn NY